February 20, 2023

Skyrim Unarmed Build - Part 3: A Cat in the Ratway

JOURNAL ENTRY 3

Two guys attack me at the Ratway entrance and they're tougher than the bandits I fought earlier. I deal with them before making my way further into the sewers. As I approach a door it suddenly swings open and a man named Gian lunges out. Our scuffle is short lived as Do'raan slams the poor homeless man to the ground.

I take the only item of value from his corpse - "Gloves of the Pugilist" and have them disenchanted at the Riften court wizard's enchanting table. I then apply the unique "Fortify Unarmed" enchantment to my gauntlets and a ring. My enchanting skill is still very low so I only get a +1 to unarmed on each item. From here, I just need to improve my skills. Perhaps I'll travel from hold to hold and see where that takes me.

I do a little snooping around the docks where an Argonian skooma addict asks for a healing potion to clear her addiction. I give her one but she won't tell me where the sellers are. This is something I'll have to come back to when Do'raan is either more persuasive or intimidating.

Shor's Stone is a short walk from Riften, so I plan to go there next and then to Windhelm from there. As I pass through Fort Greenwall, I'm hassled by several bandits and a few khajiit caravanners. Do'raan kills the bandits but flees to Shor's Stone to avoid fighting the khajiit. I help the blacksmith at Shor's Stone clear his mine of spiders then continue on my way.

I loose my way as night falls. Fortunately I bump into the same khajiit caravanners that attacked me earlier. However, they're friendly now and let me follow alongside them for bit. Together we battle roadside nuisances - wolves, spiders and vampires.

I decide to leave the group when they pass by the Braidwood Inn. The inn is very lonesome compared to the others I have visited. It's only patrons seeming to be the workers from the nearby malachite mine. Do'raan does a little mining there himself before setting off for Windhelm.

Previous Entry - Part 2: To Riften

Next Entry - Part 4: The Curiosities of Windhelm

Start at the Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment